Monday, October 29, 2007

What's Next!?

I know Halloween hasn't arrived yet but I'm now getting ready for Thanksgiving. I went to a Halloween bash this past weekend which was a blast. So as far as I'm concerned I'm done with Halloween (lol).

Anyway seems Im not the only one thinking about Thanksgiving Day. I spent Sunday writing up my menu and talking to folks about what dishes they are bringing. This year my parents and a few other relatives and friends will gather at my house. My parents will make sweet potato pies, and my best friend will make a cake shaped like a turkey. She's very crafty with cakes. Along with the traditional dishes - turkey, ham, etc.- I will be making what's become a family favorite, crab stuffing.


On Nov. 1st, the Thanksgiving Countdown will start at Magical Holiday Home and Organized Christmas. I for one am excited. There will be quite a bit to do in the three weeks leading up to the big day. The first week will be getting organized. I have put together a fall notebook which contains a section dedicated to Thanksgiving. In it I have the countdown, shopping lists, menu planner, recipes, everything I'll need to be ready. Will keep you updated on how things are going.

No comments: