Monday, December 22, 2014

Gifts and Giving

One of the things I love about Christmas besides being with family is giving gifts.  When I am able to give it just fills my heart with so much joy.  Each gift is a representation of the person receiving the gift.  And so far, every gift I have given has been well received.  I am so glad as I put a lot of thought into what I give.

Today I was the recipient of a nice gift.  There was a knock at my door and when I opened it, there stood my neighbor with a big bag in his hand.  First he thanked me for the gifts and treats I gave to him and his mom, then he handed me the bag.  My neighbors know I am a big Christmas nut and so every year I get something really nice to decorate my little palace with.  This year it was singing snowmen carrying a Christmas tree, from Hallmark.  This makes the third one I have received from my neighbor.  I found the perfect spot for it right in front of the television.



1 comment:

Terri Steffes said...

What a sweet neighbor!! My neighbors generally exchange food gifts. This year we all agreed to contribute to a charity called New Town Gives. It was fun to be able to say $10 for the Xs and $10 for the Ys...