Have a holiday planner? If not, this is the time to get one started. CEO has created lots of forms that you can print and add to your planner. Need to decide on what the family is wearing for the photos for the Christmas cards, this wardrobe planner should come in handy. Having a potluck dinner? Use this form to keep track of what each person will be bringing.
I've been doing the countdown since 2006 (The year I found Organized Christmas) and let me tell you it has really helped me enjoy my holidays more.
Here's what my planner looks like. It's a three ring notebook with a clearview front. I just inserted a piece of scrapbook paper for the background. Then printed and inserted the cover on top. The cover is the work of Ms. Melinda. There are some ladies at MHH whose notebooks are much more creative than mine. I tell you, these ladies are talented. I just have a simple book cover. Heehee.
My notebook is divided into 10 sections:
- Activities. Here is where I keep my calendars and the Christmas Countdown checklists.
- House Cleaning. In this section I have the Holiday Grand Plan or Houseworks Holiday Plan
- Crafts. In this section I keep a list of homemade gifts and decorations as well as ideas for future projects.
- Autumn. All about Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving
- Decorate. Decorating ideas, room by room planning, decor inventory.
- Gifts. Gift list, budget, shopping list,Gift closet inventory, stocking stuffer and gift basket ideas
- Foods/Recipes. Holiday menus, grocery lists, dessert recipes, pantry/freezer inventory
- Entertainment. Holiday party planning, holiday movie/music/book collection.
- Addresses. Names and addresses of folks I send Christmas cards to. Tracker form of cards sent/received.
- Debriefing. Summary of the holiday experience as well as making a few new year's resolutions.
Get Organized week is pretty much done. Being a big Christmas fanatic, I spend time here and there throughout the year planning.
- All my lists are done (gift list, holiday menu, shopping list, address list, etc.).
- No travel plans for me. I like to stay home during the holidays. Luckily for me the majority of my family live here in Maryland.
- No overnight guests visiting this year.
- I have a steam cleaner my step-dad bought me a few Christmases ago so I clean my own carpet twice a year. I plan to spot clean the main traffic areas such as the hallyway and the livingroom. I also clean my livingroom furniture twice a year. The furniture is in great shape and doesn't need cleaning right now.
- No photo sessions to plan either.