Today starts the eighteen week long Holiday Grand Plan over at Magical Holiday Home and Organized Christmas. The the plan is divided into two parts: cleaning and holiday preparation. Week One is cleaning off the front porch and list week. I, myself, am only following the holiday prep part of this plan.
Here's my list:
- Create a master gift list: I listed the names of all my relatives, friends, neighbors and coworkers whom I will be giving gifts to. I also wrote down how much I plan to spend for each person and what gifts I will give.
- Update address list: Made sure home addresses of friends and family that I send Christmas cards to are up to date.
- Thanksgiving menu: What I plan to serve and wrote my grocery shopping list
- Christmas menu: same thing I did for Thanksgiving
- Goodies for sharing: I'm making 10 different types of cookies and two cakes. I made a list of the ingredients I need to buy and will get started picking up what I need this week. I want to start making up the batches earlier than usual. I love to share homemade goodies with my coworkers and leave a little basket of goodies at the door of my neighbors house. It's a nice surprise when they open their door.
- Plan and prepare freezer meals: As the holidays drawer nearer I will be too busy to cook so I made of list of dinners I will make and freeze so that they will be at the ready whenever I get hungry.
- Create a master shopping list: This list consists of gifts I need to purchase, supplies for craft projects, decorations, party supplies, etc.