Monday, July 6, 2009

Decorating - Front Door Area

I live in an apartment but that doesn't stop me from decorating outside my front door. (Hahaha). I always cover my door with metallic wrapping paper made especially for doors. I get them at KMart. Unfortunately they only come in gold, green, or red. One roll covers the entire door. Last year was the first time I covered the door with the green paper and I think it's the color I'll use from now on (I usually use red). I really loved how the wreath looked against the green. For my wreath I took a pre-lit wreath I got on clearance at Big Lots and added red birds and a few ornaments. For an added touch I'm adding a nice red plaid bow to it.

I usually just drape lights around the door with some holly, but this year it will be several types of garland. On clearance last year at Michael's and AC Moore I bought pine garland, berry garland, pine cone garland and gold twig picks and put them altogether to make it really thick and luscious.
Instead of the 4ft lighted wire tree sitting outside my door I am going to sit my little red rocking chair out there and fill it with a few Christmas bears holding a Happy Holidays! sign or a book. I usually dress up the stair bannister too with lights and holly...will be adding garland to that.
More to come so stay tune.

3 comments:

Shakerwood said...

It sounds wonderful. Do you have any pictures from last year? I wish I could decorate my front porch a little more. It's really just a covered stoop. It's not very safe from the elements especially when the wind blows hard.

Printersdevil said...

Having a decorated door makes a nice, cheery thing to come home to EVEN before you enter the apartment.

Thanks for stopping by earlier. I wasn't sure if you had a blog. I have been so swamped with things that I have neglected replying to all comments. I have been checking and writing the names down to add to my giveaways though. I finally went to one of the free blog background places and looked over some of there stuff. I don't think I used one on my holiday blog, but did on the other. I hate that there isn't a bright, bright red to use as a background.

Aggy said...

To Cathi,

I was part of the Tour of Homes last year. Here are the pics. The lovely Cathymac hosted the event. Hope you will join us this year.
http://loveofchristmas.blogspot.com/2008/12/holiday-tour-of-homes.html