Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 7 of Holiday Prep - Nothing Really Going On.


I don't know what to do with myself. I am at a standstill. Other than shopping for the remainder of the gifts, the rest of the holiday prep cannot be done until December (or at least Thanksgiving Weekend).

So at home I sit, twitteling (sp?) my thumbs, trying to think of what I can do.  All my craft projects are completed (There weren't that many to begin with). Lists are done, menus planned, apartment is cleaned (with the exception of the guest room), parties and other events are penciled-in. There's nothing left to do right now. 

Many of my friends at MHH are getting ready for Halloween. They are planning costumes for family members, going over decorations, foods and activities for their parties.  My best friend and her husband always plan and have the best Halloween parties.  I offered to help but they refused. They just want me to focus on Christmas.  The only thing I had to focus on was a costume. I ended up buying a pirate costume instead of a midevil costume - was cheaper.  Boy I tell you, buying a costume is very expensive.  I am definately making my costume next year.

1 comment:

Shakerwood said...

I'm not that organized yet for Christmas. I don't even really feel like decorating for Fall right now. Household has been topsy-turvy since two kids moved back home. So if you need more to do, can I just send you my cards to finish and my menu and my crafts to finish up......LOL