Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow it's been along time since my last post. My holidays were splendid! I had a great time with my family at our annual Christmas Eve dinner. Actually we had to do it after Christmas as many of my family members - including myself - had either some type of stomach virus or the flu.

I'm really getting this blogging business. I've already created two more blogs - "Celebrating Aggy" and "Hey Rudolph!" Plus I just learned today how to add a counter so that I can see how many people visit my blogs. Such fun!!! The next blog I plan to create is all about Fall. Second to Christmas, Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. There's so much to do in the Fall...decorate, Halloween, Thanksgiving.

Last time, I mentioned that at work there was a friendly wager between the bailiffs and the court clerks on whose decorations were the best. Well the winners were the bailiffs. The clerks were a little upset because they felt that since their office was much bigger and they had more decorations, they should have won. After the competition, everyone enjoyed the big luncheon. I was hoping to post the pictures today and put up a poll so that people here can tell me which they like better but I don't have the pictures on this computer to show you. I have to get them from my computer at home. Now I'm sorry I erased the memory card. I thought I put them on this computer.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of thinking about this year's upcoming Christmas. So far I've made of list of homemade gifts I want to do for family members.
  • Advent calender made using small gift boxes for my 9 year old niece
  • Glass ornaments for the ladies in the accounting office
  • Homemade greeting cards
  • Holiday handbags made using felt
  • New holiday pillows for my livingroom
  • A photo calender of all the grandkids for my mom
I've written and rewritten my menu three times...finally got that done. My gift list is 97% done. I never know what to give my mom and stepdad. I have my master shopping listed started and am adding to it regularly as needed. I'm nearly finished shopping for stocking stuffers for my nieces and nephews. It's still early in the year so I'm bound to pick up more stuff. LOL Last year I printed some holiday stories good for reading and will be putting them in a binder. I would like to decorate the front cover of the book with something festive but not sure what. I may even do several books to give to the kids this year for Christmas. Over at Magical Holiday Home, 'May's Monthly Magic' is posted, so I'll be doing some of things listed there as well.

No comments: