Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Playing Catch-Up


I've been so busy with other things that I have neglected my duties in getting ready for the holidays.  Today and yesterday state government offices have been closed because of Hurricane Sandy.  Since I had two days off and could not go outdoors, I decided to take the opportunity to evaluate my progress.  Let me tell you, it's not looking good.

I have all of my lists completed but have not done much from them.  I still need to 
  • Purchase more baking supplies
  • Finish printing Christmas cards
  • Shop for Christmas gifts and start wrapping them as they come in
  • Finish purchasing non perishable goods for holiday meals
  • Purchase craft supplies and get started on homemade gifts
  • Set up gift closet
  • Inventory decorations
  • Purchase Christmas stamps
  • Inventory holiday music and movies
  • buy a new pre-lit Christmas tree and ornaments
One thing that I was able to scratched off my list is Thanksgiving dinner.  There's been a change for Thanksgiving.  I originally planned to host a small dinner with just me, my boyfriend, my parents and my brother and his family.  A few weeks ago my aunt called and asked us all to come to her home for Thanksgiving.  So that's where we'll be going.  It's fine with me since I'm so behind with everything.

Well that's my sad story.  It's back to work tomorrow.

Will try to get started again on my to-do list.  Christmas will be here before I know it.

No comments: