Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Christmas Trees

Yep, it's me again!

For the past week or so I have been doing a lot of thinking, writing and typing...trying to get things in order for the upcoming holidays.  Since yesterday I have been all over Pinterest - and the web in general - looking for new ways to decorate my little palace (while using what I already have).  So far I've found some awesome ideas.  Can't wait to decorate.

All of this research has me thinking about my Christmas trees.  I have a total of 10 trees.  Yes 10!!!  I have a tree in every room from outside my front door to out on my balcony. Even the bathroom gets a tree. A couple of rooms, like my kitchen and living room have two.  I stopped putting the tree out on the balcony, though, once those nasty stink bugs started showing up a few years ago.  Was scared I would bring them in the house - lol.  But in the last year or so it seems that the birds and whatever else have gotten accustomed to their taste and I don't see them but once in a blue moon now.  So I may put the tree back out there this year.

I'm thinking about my trees because most of them are table-top.  I really don't want to use them anymore.  They take up space on my tables and whatnot and I could use those spaces for something else.  So I've decided that I am going to give some away to Good Will or whoever wants them and replace them with 6ft trees.  I bought one on clearance for $5 at Wal-mart last year (They're only like $20 regularly).  The height is just right, they can sit in a corner on the floor and they're narrow so they won't take up a lot of space.  Two of the table top trees will go to the office.  I have the perfect spots for them.

As you can see, I'm really pumped this year.  Let's just hope I don't run out of steam... Til next time.

Bye!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm eager to see your new trees this year! I'm thinking about trees, too. Some of mine are so raggedy they have to be replaced. Plus we bought a 9ft tree last year for our main tree, so now I need to do some rearranging.

Lucie said...

Love that you have so many trees! Can't wait to see picture of the whole set up