Thursday, December 18, 2008

Making Cookies Using Cakemix


Today I received a nice surprise. A co-worker gave me a canister of chocolate cake mixes and a canister of sugar cookie mixes by Martha Stewart. I was telling another co-worker about the gifts when she asked if I've ever made cookies using cake mix? I never knew you could do that!

All you add to the cake mix is a stick of soften butter and eggs. Mix those together than add the mix. She also said that you can add more butter if need be because you're trying to get the mix like cookies dough. Plus she said that if you like, you can add sugar or vanilla extract to get the flavor you want. One tip: Do Not Add Any Liquids (ie: milk, water, vegetable oil) as called for when making a cake.

I plan to try this, this weekend with the chocolate cake mix. Plus I have some white chocolate chips to add to the mix. Will let you know how they turn out.

No comments: