Friday, December 12, 2008

Only 13 Days To Christmas


I can't believe Christmas is almost here. Time to get ready for my annual Christmas Eve family dinner. I'm expecting a lot of guests so there must be plenty of food to go around. I'm so excited I can't wait to see everyone. Each year I like to serve something different. This years menu is:

party wings platter (buffalo, fried and Bruce Lee).
cold-cut platter
deviled egg platter
lasagna
pork shoulder
green beans
Seafood salad
potato salad
fresh baked rolls

DESSERTS
fruit platter
home made cookies
Oreo balls
Cream Cheese pound cake

Beverages include several types of cocktail drinks for the adults and a special holiday punch for the kiddos. And my all-time holiday favorite, eggnog.

You may be wondering what are Bruce Lee wings? Well I'll tell you. In the city, a few blocks away from the famous Baltimore Inner Harbor, there is a wonderful little market called 'Cross Street Market'. It's a very popular market (next to the world famous Lexington Market, which is a few miles away from Cross Street) that sells all types of fresh produce, meats and other treats. Inside the market there is a stall which sells very delicious chicken. The chicken is crisp and crunchy, dipped into some kind of sauce which has a light bourbon flavor. OMG when I tell you it's delicious, it's delicious! And what's so great is that the chicken stays crisp even though it's covered with the sauce. A co-worker turned me on to them about two years ago, and I've been hooked ever since. I found myself getting some on a weekly basis. The owner's name is Bruce Lee, hence the name.

This weekend is basically free for me (no job to go to) so I plan to get my baking done. Saturday I'm getting up early, about 5 a.m. to get started. I also want to attempt to get my bedroom back in order. I just can't seem to keep it together. LOL!!! Then later Saturday evening my nieces and nephews will be over for pizza and movie night.

Sunday I hope to spend the day just relaxing. Black Friday I bought a lot of movies at really cheap prices. I plan to lay around and watch movies all day while nibbling on cookies and eating ice cream.

No comments: