Monday, September 14, 2009

HGP Holiday Prep Week Three

Well it's week three. Time to take care of the entry/foyer. My foyer is pretty small and there wasn't much to do since I had tackled that area weeks ago.  This weekend I just swept and mopped the floor.  Then I put up the fall decorations there and in the livingroom. Things are looking pretty good.

Now on to holiday prep.

This week the plans suggests
  1.  Make one batch of Holiday Goodies. I planned to make a Boston Cream cake with upcoming Sunday's dinner but may instead bake a few cookies. They won't be for the holidays though. LOL!
  2. Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.  So far I have two meals in the freezer - meatloaf and minced bbq.  They will come in handy during December when I don't have time to cook. I can make sandwiches with those. Mmm, mmm, mmm!
  3. Buy two canned food items from Menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).   I need to get started on this.  I want to make sure I have less to purchase when the holidays drawer closer. I hate when I'm in the middle of cooking and I realize I'm missing an ingredient and have to run out to the nearby store and pay a fortune when if I had remembered, the cost would have been cheaper at my regular store.
  4. Keep 2 boxes in a pantry area or storage place to put these in so that they are not used in everyday cooking - make sure to label them so that when food drives start your holiday supply stays intact and the food drive gets the food purchased for it.
  5. Buy all supplies for homemade gifts. Package each project with directions and other information in zipper food storage bag and place in a basket or box in craft/sewing area.
  6. Buy film, camera batteries, blank videotapes. Hide them; write yourself a note. I recently bought several packs rechargeable batteries for my digital camera. I need to purchase more DVD recordable disks for making movies to give to folks after the holidays. I always film everyone opening their gifts and just having fun. This year I want them to see how crazy the are. Hahaha

That's it for now. Happy planning!

No comments: