Wednesday, September 17, 2008

99 Days and Counting

Well whether you want to except it or not, Christmas will be here quicker than quick. Will you be ready? I sure hope I will be.

I've been getting my apartment in order by following the HGP plan over at MHH . It's been neglected all summer. We're now into week three - the foyer. My foyer is small and leads down a hall to the bedrooms and bathroom. I was able to get 99% of it done in a day. Saturday I will tackle the coat closet which is part of the foyer. Last week was the living room. It's almost done. I just need to rearrange some furniture and shampoo the carpet, sofa and two chairs. The chairs/sofa are white so I clean them twice a year. I hope to get new furniture after the holidays. With the new arrangement I'll have more room for the Christmas tree and the millions of gifts that be underneath it.

I spent a few hours yesterday looking through my holiday notebook. I wanted to see how my planning was going. My gift list is looking really good. I've been buying two gifts at a time throughout the year which has been a big help and won't cause me to worry too much about money when the holiday is here. The gifts I have left to get are mostly goody baskets that need to wait to be put together. There's two special gifts I can't wait to get.

My best friend and her husband are big football lovers. She loves the Giants and he loves the Redskin. They both are originally from New York but the husband has always been a die-hard Redskins fan. The two of them are really funny when their teams play each other. That's a show in and of itself to see (better than halftime). Oh and don't let them go to any of the games. You'll cover your face and shake your head during the whole game. Anyway a lady on my job knits or crochets (don't know the difference). I have her making me two scarves -- one with the Giants logo and one with the Redskins logo and in the teams colors. The scarves will be a little longer and wider than your average scarf. I got the idea last year when we were watching a Redskins game. My best friend's husband noticed a woman in the stands wearing a similar scarf. He really liked it -- mentioned it (every-so-often)the rest of the evening. So when I got home I made a note of it in my planner. My girlfriend knows about his gift but not about hers. Wait til she opens her gift.

After looking over my checklist I need to finish going through my decorations and writing out my plans for decorating each room, update my gift closet list and work on remaining holiday crafts. There's one craft I want to do that I recently thought about and that was a gingerbread wreath for the kitchen - the theme for that room. For the upcoming Rudy Day (25th) I think I'll spend the day doing crafts. I have a lot of catching up to do as I've been spending a lot of time preparing for fall.

No comments: