Thursday, September 23, 2010

Christmas Journaling - Eggnog

I love eggnog.  I don't remember when I started drinking it but every year I make sure to keep it in the fridge.  I start looking for eggnog to appear on the shelves around Thanksgiving.  My favorite brand is by a local grocery chain, Giant.  I will also by Turkey Hill when the store runs out of their brand.

Not only do I like the ones found in the grocery store, I also have a favorite alcohol brand too.  My all-time favorite is by Engle Brook.  I would love to one day make some homemade eggnog with rum in it - yummy.  Maybe I'll give it a try this year (Hmmm, have to think about that). There are so many recipes that I'm sure I'll find one that is simple and easy.

At Christmas I used to fill a big punch bowl with non-alcoholic eggnog and add vanilla or French vanilla icecream.  The kids loved it.  So did the adults except they would add a little rum to theirs - lol.  I haven't done that in years and don't know why.  I think it's making a comeback this holiday season.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I love eggnog too. I just recently posted about eggnog cookies that were really delicious-you might like them too.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Shannon said...

Love Eggnog here also. So do the boys. I am gong to have to try the icecream this year.