Monday, December 6, 2010

Let The Baking Begin

As soon as I got home from work today, I chaned into something comfortable, then headed to the kitchen.  I have been trying to get my baking started for weeks but I was either too lazy or too sick.  Now that I'm feeling better and time is now of the essence, I needed to get started and this is the last week I can get them done. 

I am making several types of cookies:

  1. Christmas tree shaped butter cookies
  2. Chocolate gingerbread people cookies
  3. Old-fashioned Snickerdoodle cookies (a recipe I got from a friend, Jessica at Organized Christmas)
  4. Peanut butter cookies
  5. Cocolate chip cookies
  6. Oatmeal Raisin cookies
  7. Eggnog Sparkle Cookies (another recipe from a friend, Snowangel00)
  8. Santa's Thumbprint cookies
  9. Pecan shortbread cookies
  10. and finally, Candy cane sugar cookies
I'm only making up the dough.  I will bake everything this weekend. This weekend we are expecting snow.  Not a lot but enough to keep me in and to make the mood perfect for baking. As of tonight I have three kinds done (the first three listed above).  Tomorrow I will continue with the next group, and so on until they are all done. 

By the end of the weekend, everything will be baked, wrapped and ready to hand out as gifts. I always take treats to several of the departments on the job and give a tin full to my nice neighbor and her son who lives in my building.

3 comments:

Mel said...

All of those treat sound good. I finally have started baking as well.

happeningswithLana said...

Aggy, glad you feel better. The cookie list sounds YUMMY!!! I am off today so going to get the supplies needed and we will get ours done over week-end. Hoping to have all delivered by Monday.

Leann said...

How's your progress my friend? Here's hoping you are well on your way!

Enjoy the season!
Leann