Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wrapping Paper - Photo-A-Day

Did you know that wrapping paper has many uses other than for wrapping gifts?  There's lots of ways to use wrapping paper.  You can use it as a table cover.  Or frame it as nice wall art.  Even use as book covers for kids holiday books.  Another really great idea, and I want to hopefully do this next year, cover an old picture frame or mirror to look like gift boxes.  And of course I'm sure you know about wrapping your door with it.

Each year I decorate my front door with wrapping paper.  Kmart is the only store I know that sells wrapping paper specifically for doors.  It's the perfect width and length covering the entire door.  Unfortunately the last known Kmart in the tri-county area recently closed for good which left me stuck with how would I decorate my door this year.  Most of the paper out there either is not wide enough and would leave the edges of the door exposed or the pattern flows horizontal and you find yourself trying to put the paper on like wall paper (which can be stressful trying to match the pattern exactly, not to mention paper being wasted).

Well a few weeks ago I was in Walmart and I found a nice roll of wrapping paper to use on my door. And the pattern was simple snowflakes.  It's not as heavy as the paper I used to get from Kmart, but it was cheaper, $2.97 (half of the cost I normally pay) and there's enough on the roll to use maybe another two to three times.  The Kmart paper was just enough to cover the door once.

And here it is:



I like it!  I like it very much!

No comments: