Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday

Got to work a little early than normal today.  Had my breakfast and dranked a cup of tea.  About an hour later I put on my coat and left.  Why, you ask?  Because today is Tuesday.  What's so special about it being Tuesday? Well I had to get to the store before they opened.  See, one of my nephews has been talking for months about this new video game called Call of Duty: Black Ops.


 I'm not sure what the hoopla is all about but it seems to be a very sought after game.
So much so that some idiots robbed a Game Stop store in a certain part of this area and took all the copies as well as some gaming systems over the weekend.  I tell you, some people can really make it bad for others.  I don't know how they expect to sell them on the streets when the theft has been blasted all over the tv news and in the papers.

Anyway... I saw the commercial for the first time last night.  I must say the commercial is really cool.  I like how they used celebraties to promote the game.  Colby Bryant (sp?), Jimmy Kimmel (sp?) and a few others I couldn't recognize.  I see how it can get people anxious to grab this game.  I'm not a gamer myself.  The last game system I ever owned was the original Nintendo and my brother bought me that when I was home recovering from a life-threatening car accident (That was the year '96).  So that should tell you how much I know about today's video games.  Whatever happend to Frogger, Donkey Kong, Galaga?  Now those were my games. Heehee

My nephew is going to go nuts when he opens this gift.  I also got him the new Medal of Honor video game.  Another person crossed off my list.

Now you know I couldn't just leave the store and not buy something for myself.  I picked up Home Alone on DVD.  I can't believe I did not have this movie in my collection.

Well looks like it's going to be another early night for me as I am very sleepy.  I tell you, this time changing thing is throwing me for a loop.  Good night all.

3 comments:

Erin said...

This is the first time I ever commented on your blog but when I saw the Black Ops Photo I just had to comment. Your nephew will love this! I'm almost 50 and embarrassed to admit I'm an avid gamer yet. Bought the game today and it's really great. Your going to be the #1 Auntie this Christmas.
Hugs!

happeningswithLana said...

I agree your DN is going to love the gifts and the giver!

Mel said...

Great gift. My son has been asking for it.
I hate the time change too.