Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy CIJ - July 10th

Well it's Friday and I for one am glad. It's been a very long week.

I've been working on my menu for our Christmas Eve family gathering. Every year I try to serve something different from the previoys year. I never do turkey because my family is usually good and sick of it from the Thanksgiving holiday. (LOL!)
So here's what I've decided on:
  • Saucey country ribs (I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. I will use beef ribs instead of pork though.)
  • Honey baked spiral ham
  • Wingette platter (three different flavors)
  • Collard greens
  • Macaroni & cheese
  • Deviled eggs
  • Cesar salad
  • Seafood salad
  • Potato salad
  • Fresh baked rolls
Appetizers:
  • BLT dip (A recipe I got from Cathymac, a fellow MHHer)
  • Baked crab rangoo
Desserts:
  • Holiday cake shaped like a snowman
  • Homemade cookies
  • Oreo Balls
My best friend doesn't know it yet but she is going to do my snowman cake (LOL!) She's been taking baking lessons and is doing very well.
Last night while playing on the computer, I had an idea. This years invitations will be in the form of a CD/DVD. My plan is to put together a slideshow of photos from past Christmases set to a Christmas song. Then at the end of the slideshow will be the information inviting them to this year’s Christmas Eve dinner. I think that everyone will enjoy getting the cd. Plus they will have the memories. I’m pretty excited about this myself. Now I just need to decide on a clever label for the cover. TTFN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sounding menu. I love the beef ribs better also. And I know the Cathymac's BLT dip will be good. I'm going to make some of her Chai Mix now.
Ahorsesoul from MHH

Cathy Miller said...

Very cute idea, Aggy! And I hope you enjoy the BLT dip...it's become a standard at our holiday gatherings...plus, if you shred up some lettuce or fresh basil in it, it's red, green and white!

Aggy said...

I'll do that. Thanks Cathy.